AFC Telford United will will be supporting Shelter’s #NoHomeKit campaign by wearing our red away kit on Boxing Day for our home fixture against Chester
Because every 90 minutes, 25 households are made homeless in England.
Why is #NoHomeKit Happening?
Home stadium. Home colours. Home game. The football community knows the importance of home. But this year, thousands of people will be spending Christmas in dingy hostels, on friends’ sofas, or even sleeping in freezing cars. This is something we can’t ignore.
With the growing cost of living crisis, the situation is set to get much worse. With your help Shelter can continue to provide free advice and support to the thousands of people facing homelessness and continue the fight for home.
What is #NoHomeKit?
This Christmas, Shelter, the charity that campaigns for the rights of tenants, are taking a stand, and the Vanarama National League and its member clubs are standing with them.
By joining in with clubs and fans up and down the football pyramid, we are taking part in #NoHomeKit and swapping home colours for an away or third kit to raise money and show support for those with no safe place to call home.
How Can I Help?
Whether you’re watching at the ground or from your sofa, join the movement fighting to defend the right to a safe, secure and affordable home for everyone.
- Show your support by swapping your home colours for an away or third kit.
- Text HOME to 70544 to donate £5, donate via the Just Giving page or scan the QR code below to link to
Shelter and its supporters have three goals for the #NoHomeKit campaign:
- To raise awareness of the scale of homelessness amongst football fans.
- To raise funds to support Shelter’s effort to end the housing emergency.
- To unite the football community in support of those with no safe place to call home.