Job Title: Match day & Event Steward
Hours of Work: Approx. 5 hours
Location: New Bucks Head, Watling Street, Wellington, Telford, TF1 2TU
Responsible to: Match Day Safety Officer
Job Description To assist Safety Officer in the coordination of supporters and visitors and safe operation of the ground before, during and after the event.
Duties and responsibilities
- Attend pre and post-match briefing to sign in/out and determine duties.
- Know the location of the first aid room and any first aid equipment kept elsewhere at the Stadium.
- Be fully conversant with any methods or signals used to alert staff that an emergency has arisen.
- Be capable of recognising potential fire hazards and suspect packages, reporting such findings immediately to the Chief Steward or the Safety Officer.
- Comply promptly with any instruction given in an emergency by the Safety Officer, Supervisor or a Police Officer.
- Identify and investigate an incident or occurrence among spectators, reporting their findings to the Safety Officer or their Deputy.
- Monitor the crowd throughout the ground for signs of distress or overcrowding and take action in accordance with standing instructions.
- Prevent overcrowding by ensuring the crowd limits in various parts of the ground are complied with.
- Prevent spectators, as far as possible, from climbing fences and other structures and from standing on seats (where by virtue of the scale of the incident Stewards are unable to prevent this, they should immediately report the matter to the Chief Steward or the Safety Officer).
- Staff all parking areas to ensure all approaches and emergency exits are kept clear and that vehicles are correctly parked.
- Ensure that gangways and exits are kept clear.
- Staff all exits.
- Remain at allocated post as instructed unless authorised or ordered to do otherwise by the Supervisor, the Safety Officer or a Police Officer.
- Report to the Supervisor or Safety Officer any damage or defect which is likely to pose a threat to spectator safety e.g. a damaged seat or barrier.
- Assist in the prevention of pitch invasion.
- Assist as required in the evacuation of the ground.
- Assist in the identification of spectators who are banned from the ground
- Assist in the prevention of breaches of ground regulations.
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation
Qualification Training will be provided. NVQ Level 2 in Spectators Safety would be an advantage. Experience Ideally experience within customer service would be an advantage.
Skills & Knowledge Good communicator, friendly and can work as part of a team
To apply please email [email protected] or call 07854 622 503