An exciting opportunity has arisen to join AFC Telford United as a Sport Therapist / Physiotherapist to work within the first team.
This is a part time role, with hours to be based around first team training on Tuesday and Thursdays and also first team matches on Saturdays.
The First Team Therapist, must hold a degree qualification as either a Chartered Physiotherapist, Sports Therapist BSc or Sports Rehabilitation BSc and will oversee the medical care of all first team squad members. They will be required to work closely with the club’s doctor, medical, sports science department and first team management. The successful job holder will be required to work in the Telford area and will be required to travel with the first team to away fixtures.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Promptly communicate any important medication information and provide regular updates on first team players with management staff.
• Provide medical cover at all training sessions and fixtures including traveling with the first team to away fixtures.
• Ensure players have appropriate medical treatment as required and escalate secondary care should it be required.
• Design individualised rehabilitation programmes for first team squad players to both treat and prevent injuries.
Work closely with the current medical department
- Work closely with sports science staff on regular basis.
• Work closely with the medical team to ensure all players have the appropriate medical care.
• Maintain up to date, accurate and secure medical records.
• Take responsibility for all medical equipment ensuring it’s in good working order, well maintained and transported to required locations.
• Manage stock levels of medical supplies and consumables.
• Take responsibility for continued professional development.
The following credentials are considered essential for the position:
- Experience in a similar role within sport.
• Relevant qualification for the role.
• Hold or working towards a sports trauma qualification.
Competitive rate of pay.
For further information please contact Rhys Morris on [email protected]