Unfortunately, a 9 am pitch inspection by a local referee has confirmed that today’s fixture at Stamford AFC has fallen victim to the freezing temperatures.
The playing surface at the Zeeco Stadium is frozen due to another night of sub-zero temperatures, and with the temperature not expected to rise significantly, the match has been postponed.
A date for the rearranged fixture will be announced in due course.
Anyone who has booked to travel with the club’s official away travel should contact Carolyn Hornby on 07966 935534 to either request a refund or to arrange to carry over payment in consideration of a future away fixture.
Kevin and the team will not be inactive today, with a contingency arrangement made in advance for them to train in the indoor facility at Compton, Wolverhampton Wanderers training ground. We would like to extend our thanks to Luke Shelley at Wolves for assisting us in this respect.
We hope all Bucks fans stay warm and stay safe, and we look forward to seeing you next Saturday when we host St. Ives Town at the New Buck’s Head.
*NB* Please monitor our social media for news concerning the Wolves Women’s fixture with Halifax FC Women at the New Buck’s Head, scheduled for Sunday (3rd December) with a 2 pm kick-off.
Whilst we very much hope the game can be played, the weather and the decision of the match officials will ultimately be the deciding factors in whether the game will be played.