AFC Telford United would like to advise supporters and visitors to our site on measures that are being put in place to support everyone’s efforts to minimise the spread of coronavirus.
All our supporters and match day staff are asked to observe good hand hygiene practice and there will be extra hand wash and soap in all of our toilets within the ground.
Supporters are advised to bring hand gel with them if they have some, and – in addition we would advise that you refrain from shaking hands with other supporters and staff at the ground as this can transmit viruses very quickly. We also urge supporters to put all their own rubbish in the bins provided around the ground itself rather then leave it from someone else to do after the game has finished.
While we appreciate this may cause some inconvenience but the continued health of supporters, staff and players of everyone at AFC Telford United and of visiting teams, is of paramount importance, and we ask for your understanding around this issue.
How You Can Help
Finally, we ask all supporters planning to attend the match to do so only if they feel in good health.
If you are experiencing symptoms (which include a cough, a high temperature or shortness of breath) or have been to any high-risk areas, the Government advice is to call NHS 111, stay indoors and avoid contact with other people immediately.
Anyone with flu-like symptoms should avoid the risk of spreading their infection by staying at home and recovering.
We request that all supporters who do attend, upon arrival at the ground, please ensure they wash their hands in any of the public toilets, which have all had extra soap and hand sanitisers installed.
We would also like to reiterate the following advice on offer to help limit the spread of coronavirus
• Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze;
• Put used tissues in the bin straight away;
• Wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available;
• Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell;
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces;
• Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean;
• To contact NHS 111 if anyone is worried about their symptoms. The advice is to not go directly to your GP or other healthcare environment;
Everyone at AFC Telford United would like thank all supporters for their co-operation during this period. We feel the need to take every possible step to act responsibly and safely. We will continue to seek advice from the relevant authorities and will update supporters with further developments as and when they become available.