Do you want to become a mental health first aider?
We are delighted that AFC Telford United will be hosting this powerful and essential two day programme on the 11th and 12th November. Delivered by a qualified mental health instructor the course equips delegates with the skills to assist themselves, colleagues, family and friends. Not to be missed.
What is it?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical first aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis.
What you will learn
• A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
• Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
• Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
• Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
• Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
To reserve a place contact Tony at [email protected]