AFC Telford United are delighted to confirm we have this morning received confirmation from the National League and Telford & Wrekin Council to allow up to 2,000 spectators back in the New Bucks Head.
The approval means that our first game with spectators will be on Boxing Day when Chester are the visitors to the New Bucks Head.
We are asking supporters to ensure they have collected their season ticket from the main club office in advance of Wednesday 23rd December . The Main Office is open Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm.
If you wish to have your season ticket posted out, please contact [email protected] where you will be required to make a payment over the phone to cover the cost of postage.
Ticket details for the Chester fixture will be released after the tier review on the 16th December.
Football Operations Manager, Luke Shelley said: “We are really excited to be given approval to open the stadium to our supporters. There has been plenty of hard work behind the scenes to have all the correct safety protocols in place to ensure everyone is safe when they return.
“It is vital that we all work together to follow the rules and keep us all safe. We will have stewards on hand to help you and ensure the protocols are being followed if we all follow the rules we can ensure that we do not have to play matches behind closed doors”
We are urging supporters to bear with us while we go through the process of welcoming spectators back into the ground, a match day at the New Bucks Head will be very different.
Here are a few key headlines that supporters should be aware of:
- Please do not travel to New Bucks Head if you have any Covid-19 Symptoms
- There may be temperature checks prior to entry to the stadium, please allow extra time on arrival
- Wear a Face Mask or Face Covering.
- Adherence to supporter’s code of conduct will be mandatory (See Below)
- No transfer of tickets will be allowed to ensure that supporters comply with full track and trace procedures
- Spectators in the main stand will be required to sit in an appropriate seat with a green sticker on. Please be prepared you may not be able to sit in your normal seat.
- Hand sanitiser will be in place within the stadium and should be used on entry and when passing designated points
- Exit from the stadium may be staggered to ensure social distancing
- Please do not travel to the New Bucks Head if you live in a Tier 3 area.
Please Note: Non-adherence to any of the supporter’s code of conduct will result in the Club having the capacity drastically reduced.
The club would also like to inform supporters that Away Fans will NOT be allowed at ‘elite sport’ under the Government’s new guidelines. This is to significantly reduce impacts on transport and the movement of populations between regions.
Thank you for your patience and understanding whilst we continue to try and adapt to new guidance.