AFC Telford United is looking to recruit an assistant full time groundsman who will be responsible with the head groundsman to ensure the New Bucks Head pitch is maintained to the highest standard at all times.
The successful candidates must be hard working and willing to get involved with any other duties within the remit of the grounds department. They must also be flexible with their working hours during peak periods, and the successful applicants would be required to work on all matchdays.
- Presentation of the pitch to the highest standard for all matches played at the New Bucks Head.
- Carrying out general grounds duties such as cutting the grass, watering the pitch, marking the pitch and match preparations.
- Creation of work and fertiliser programmes to ensure the pitches are maintained to the highest possible standard.
- Presenting and managing an end of season/closed season pitch renovation programme ensuring the required work is carried out by external suppliers
- Clean equipment and wash down areas
- Keep all equipment and materials in good condition
- To maintain up-to-date knowledge of all relevant industry developments
- Other Ad Hoc duties as and when required
The successful candidate will be qualified with an NVQ Level 2 in Sports Turf Management or equivalent qualification. Have experience in working on professional sports pitches. We are also looking for someone with excellent organisational skills and with the ability to remain calm under pressure. A full driving licence is preferable but not essential.
To apply please provide your CV plus a covering letter including why you would be the ideal candidate for the role, your previous experience and salary expectations to Football Operations Manager Luke Shelley via email at [email protected]