This site uses cookies. Some may have been set already. You can read our privacy policy here.
Please click the button to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept the cookies anyway.
AFC Telford United Logo

Brackley Town 3 - 1 AFC Telford United

Match Date: 9/2/2019
Competition: National League North
Kick Off: 15:00
Attendance: 601

Marcus Dinanga44
Opposition Own Goals: 0

Team Sheet
Josef Bursik
Ross White
Stephan Morley
Ellis Deeney
Shane Sutton
Jonathan Royle
James McQuilkin
Brendon Daniels
Marcus Dinanga
Daniel Udoh
Ryan Barnett

Theo Streete ( Replaced Brendon Daniels, 45 mins)

Henry Cowans
Darryl Knights ( Replaced James McQuilkin, 55 mins)
Andre Brown ( Replaced Stephan Morley, 80 mins)
Amari Morgan-Smith

Shane SuttonY
Ellis DeeneyY
Jonathan RoyleY

Referee: Lewis Smith
Assistant 1: Tom Wainman
Assistant 2: Robert Hathaway

A performance lacking in energy saw the Bucks fall to defeat at fellow play-off chasers Brackley Town. All of the game’s goals came in the first 45 minutes, with the Bucks 3-0 down before finding a reply.

With four changes to the team that defeated Spennymoor Town in the FA Trophy in midweek, Gavin Cowan sought to freshen up his attacking options after a game played in sapping conditions. The manager refused to blame tiredness for the result, but from early on the Bucks were spending a lot of time on the back foot, as Brackley took advantage of their lethargy.

A dangerous Glenn Walker free-kick was glanced over the bar on 7 minutes, the closest either team went to a goal in the early stages. Just past the half-way stage of the half, the hosts forged ahead. Matt Lowe caused the Bucks problems all afternoon with his direct surging runs down the right, and from one of those his low pull-back was turned home by James Armson.

The Bucks had a couple of free-kick opportunities, Brendon Daniels firing one over the bar and then wide of the far post, inviting a touch that no Bucks player could apply. On 40 minutes, Brackley extended their lead, as another Lowe run and cross located Lee Ndlovu at the back post, and he nodded in from close range. Just three minutes later the lead extended to three goals; with the Bucks caught napping, Brackley fed Carl Baker and the midfielder drew Joe Bursik from his net before rounding him and rolling the ball home.

The Bucks needed a response, and got one almost immediately, as a move down the left resulted in Marcus Dinanga being credited with a goal, although some felt the ball had been poked home past Danny Lewis by one of his own players.

Cowan took Daniels off at the break, to stiffen the back line with the returning Theo Streete, but the damage had been done, and the Bucks could make no inroads into Brackley’s advantage in the second half. The closest they came was a Jon Royle piledriver that Lewis turned over his bar, whilst at the other end Joe Bursik produced a number of fine saves; he twice denied Lowe, standing up as the Brackley man got behind the Bucks defence. The game meandered to a conclusion, and a deserved win for the home side.

Brackley Town: Lewis, Myles, G.Walker, Byrne, Hall, Dean (c), Lowe (Nti 90+3), Armson, Ndlovu, Baker (Fairlamb 88), A.Walker.

Unused Substitutes: Stirling-James, Jackson, Jeffers.

Scorers: Armson (23), Ndlovu (40), Baker (43).

Bookings: A.Walker.

AFC Telford United Ltd - Registered in England and Wales No. 05138735

New Bucks Head Stadium - Watling Street - Wellington - Telford - TF1 2TU

Tel: 01952 640064
Fax: 01952 640021


© Copyright AFC Telford United Limited

Disclaimer | Privacy Notice