This site uses cookies. Some may have been set already. You can read our privacy policy here.
Please click the button to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept the cookies anyway.
AFC Telford United Logo

Altrincham 3 - 1 AFC Telford United

Match Date: 8/12/2018
Competition: National League North
Kick Off: 15:00
Attendance: 895

Daniel Udoh25
Opposition Own Goals: 0

Team Sheet
Andy Wycherley
Ross White
Ellis Deeney
James McQuilkin
Shane Sutton
Theo Streete
Henry Cowans
Jonathan Royle
Ryan Barnett
Daniel Udoh
Darryl Knights

Brendon Daniels ( Replaced James McQuilkin, 80 mins)
Dominic Smith
Amari Morgan-Smith ( Replaced Ryan Barnett, 71 mins)
Andre Brown
Yusifu Ceesay ( Replaced Jonathan Royle, 83 mins)

Referee: Benjamin Speedie
Assistant 1: Karl Buckley
Assistant 2: Jake Topp

Two second-half goals, the second of which completed a brace for former Buck Josh Hancock, saw the Bucks’ hopes washed away in the rain at Moss Lane. After being level at the interval, courtesy of Daniel Udoh’s 13th goal of the season, Gavin Cowan’s team lost their grip on a point in the closing quarter of the contest.

The early exchanges were somewhat tentative, with the players adjusting to the wet surface, but on 18 minutes the home side made the breakthrough. A ball cleared to half-way for John Johnston saw him evade Ross White’s sliding tackle; Shane Sutton came across to cover but he too left his feet, and the no.7 cleverly stepped inside the challenge and advanced before picking out Hancock, who rolled the ball home past an exposed Andy Wycherley.

The Bucks looked for a quick response, and got one, levelling on 25 minutes; Alty couldn’t clear a ball played into the six-yard box and at what looked to be the second attempt Daniel Udoh scored from close range, finishing high into the net.

The rest of the half saw both sides trading efforts on goal, but with neither Wycherley or Tony Thompson seriously troubled. Wycherley snapped up a low Johnston cross, then left-back Connor Hampson struck a half-clearance wide of the post from just outside the penalty area.

HALF TIME: Altrincham 1 AFC Telford United 1

The first serious effort goal attempt of the half came just before the hour, as a cross from the right flank located Hulme; his header was on target, but turned away for a corner by Wycherley. The keeper then had to be alert to rush out and deny Mantack, blocking with his body after the ball rebounded into Mantack’s path.

On 74 minutes the Bucks suffered a decisive blow. Altrincham induced some rash challenges in the Bucks defence, and after a Deeney foul 25 yards from goal right-back Connor Hampson stepped up to put a terrific free-kick over the wall and into the top right-hand corner of Wycherley’s net.

Substitutes Brendon Daniels and Yusifu Ceesay were unable to have much influence. With only two minutes of normal time remaining, Alty made the game safe. With the Bucks leaving men upfield, Alty took advantage of the extra personnel to great effect; Hulme and Hemmings were both involved in some quick passing movements, playing Hancock in to finish low under Wycherley from 10 yards.

Altrincham: Thompson, White (Densmore 12), Hampson, Jones, Hanningan, Moult (c), Johnston (Harrop 85), Richman, Hulme, Hancock, Mantack (Hemmings 75).

Unused Substitutes: Langley, Wynne.

Scorer(s): Hancock (25, 88), Hampson (74)

Bookings: None.

AFC Telford United Ltd - Registered in England and Wales No. 05138735

New Bucks Head Stadium - Watling Street - Wellington - Telford - TF1 2TU

Tel: 01952 640064
Fax: 01952 640021


© Copyright AFC Telford United Limited

Disclaimer | Privacy Notice