This site uses cookies. Some may have been set already. You can read our privacy policy here.
Please click the button to accept our cookies. If you continue to use the site, we'll assume you're happy to accept the cookies anyway.
AFC Telford United Logo

Leamington 2 - 2 AFC Telford United

Match Date: 27/8/2018
Competition: National League North
Kick Off: 15:00
Attendance: 812

Adam Dawson34
Andre Brown47
Opposition Own Goals: 0

Team Sheet
Max Bramley
Ross White
Ryan Sears
Ellis Deeney
Shane Sutton
Dominic Smith
Henry Cowans
Jonathan Royle
Andre Brown
Daniel Udoh
Adam Dawson

Theo Streete ( Replaced Ryan Sears, 72 mins)
Andy Wycherley
James McQuilkin
Darryl Knights ( Replaced Adam Dawson, 72 mins)
Matthew Barnes-Homer

Theo StreeteY
Andre BrownY

Referee: Thomas Parsons
Assistant 1: Richard Walker
Assistant 2: Ryan Williams
Official 4: n/a

The Bucks were unable to extend their winning run to four matches, but remained unbeaten in seven after taking a point from an entertaining encounter at Leamington.

With five changes to the side that defeated Chester 3-1, Gavin Cowan saw his side go a goal behind early on. From a long throw, a Bucks player was adjudged to have handled in the penalty area and the Brakes leading scorer, Matt Stenson, stepped up to send Max Bramley the wrong way from the spot.

Stenson and strike partner Jack Edwards were proving to be a handful, and it took the Bucks a while to settle down and begin to play, without creating a clear-cut opportunity. However, on 34 minutes they drew level. Adam Dawson, fouled just outside the penalty area, stepped up to beat the wall and Brakes keeper Breeden with the free-kick, Breeden unable to get a strong enough hand to Dawson’s low effort.

Leamington’s riposte was an angled shot from Kieran Dunbar that cleared the crossbar, and Stenson headed over from a corner won by Edwards.

HALF TIME: Leamington 1 AFC Telford United 1

The hosts fell asleep at the start of the second half, and the Bucks took advantage, Andre Brown meeting a right-wing Dawson cross at full stretch to direct a terrific header into the corner of the net to make it 2-1. The Bucks enjoyed a good spell but just after the hour had a close call, Stenson getting behind Smith and his low cross was just turned away from Dunbar by Sutton. However, from the resulting corner, the Bucks failed to clear and Jamie Hood scored from close range after some frantic play.

Within seconds, the Bucks had a chance to regain the lead, when the broke at speed and Brown was fouled to concede a penalty. After a lengthy delay and some Brakes gamesmanship, Brown took the kick but saw Breeden dive to his left to palm it away.

Chances continued to come as both sides sought to win it. Dunbar struck the base of the post from 20 yards, whilst Brown shot narrowly over on the volley, but there were to be no further goals. Cowan revealed his player were hugely disappointed not to win, however the manager viewed it as point gained.

FULL TIME: Leamington 2 AFC Telford United 2

Leamington: Breeden, English, Bowen, Clarke, Hood, Mace, Dunbar, Gittings, Stenson (Dwyer 82), Edwards, Taylor.

Substitutes: Magunda, Steele, Obeng, Morris.

Bookings: Clarke, Stenson, Dunbar.

Scorers: Stenson (7), Hood (62).

AFC Telford United Ltd - Registered in England and Wales No. 05138735

New Bucks Head Stadium - Watling Street - Wellington - Telford - TF1 2TU

Tel: 01952 640064
Fax: 01952 640021


© Copyright AFC Telford United Limited

Disclaimer | Privacy Notice