The Trust is owned by you, the fans.
The Trust is governed by a Board of Trustees who give up their time to help make AFC Telford United a success. Each Trust board member serves a period of three years before standing for re-election. Any paid-up member of the Trust can be nominated to serve on the Trust Board. Trust board members fulfil specific roles in the day-to-day governance of the club; usually bringing key skills from the commercial world into play.
Our Plan is to grow a positive, respected and successful football club, run by supporters for the community with a determination to innovate, succeed and be inclusive.
We will do this by adhering to our 5F guiding principles when making choices and decisions about our future :-
1. Devising and delivering initiatives based the 5F's :
Fans, Football, Finance, Future and Foundations.
2. Continuous improvement, listening, consulting and involving new supports with fresh ideas
3. Always recognising the vital role played by our volunteers, staff, sponsors and partners in delivering the vision
PILLAR 1 : FANS
Aim to involve supporters at every turn. Focus on the expansion of our supporter base. Enrich the experiences of both the attending and remote supporter. Develop activities and products that appeal to all sections of the community
PILLAR 2 : FOOTBALL
Create an environment through which the team progresses, where success is built over time and sustained through new supporters. Develop a reputation for attractive, effective, passionate and honest football
PILLAR 3 : FINANCE
Materially increase our income and ensure it is sustainable. Expand our sources of income, to use funds prudently, creatively and maintain cash flow using our vision of sustainable League football as a focus. Maintaining resources to deal with the unexpected.
PILLAR 4 : FUTURE
Grow our facilities and infrastructure. Utilise our assets and property to maximum effect. Think of the supports and players of tomorrow. Develop loyalty to the badge. Constantly review and revise our objectives, targets and performance.
BUILT ON FIRM FOUNDATIONS
We remember where we have come from and we recognise that we need to grow and nurture our volunteers, staff, sponsors and partners to deliver a successful future built on our core values of inclusivity, integrity and excellence.
We understand that the 5 building blocks are interlinked and a positive change in one has a similar effect on the others.
The 5F principles were developed in 2012 as a fresh strategic focus, and are based on our official objectives and mission statement as an organisation :
To preserve and promote football at AFC Telford United for the benefit of the community of Telford and Wrekin.
Objectives and Values
- To strive to increase monies year-on-year
- To strengthen the bonds between the club and the community – representing the interests of the community in the running of the club
- To market the Trust for membership growth and enhanced profile
- To maintain liaison, co-operation and support with other clubs, organizations and trusts for mutual benefit
- To maintain a transparent and democratic organisation with respectable moral, ethical and equal opportunity policies
- To preserve the voluntary unpaid status of the elected Trust representatives
- To attract and maintain external sponsorship opportunities for both the Trust and the club
The Memorandum of Understanding can be downloaded below: